The AABHL supports a multidisciplinary approach to bioethics and welcomes as members individuals with an interest in participating in public discussion and reflection on ethical issues in health care and science.
Types of Membership Subscription (effective as of 12 February 2010):
1. Individual (1 year) - $200 AUD
2. Individual (2 years) - $300 AUD
3. ^ Institutional (1 year) – up to 5 members covered - $500 AUD
4. ^ Institutional (1 year) – from 6 to 10 members covered - $1,000 AUD
5. ^ Institutional (1 year) – from 11 to 20 members covered - $1,500 AUD
6. ^ Institutional (2 years) - up to 5 members covered $800 AUD
7. ^ Institutional (2 years) – from 6 to 10 members covered - $1,600 AUD
8. ^ Institutional (2 years) – from 11 to 20 members covered - $2,400 AUD
9. Full time Student (1 year) - $130 AUD - student number required
10. * Unwaged (1 year) - $130 AUD
* all applications for the ‘unwaged’ category must be subject to approval by the Executive. Applicants are asked to email the membership officer email@example.com advising whether they wish to be considered under the following;
- Minimally waged e.g. clergy, retired or semi-retired on low income, part-time employees on low income
- Pensioners and people on welfare benefits
- People unemployed for > 3 months
^ Institutional Membership provides one hard copy per issue of the Journal of Bioethical Inquiry; the JBI will be sent to the one contact person for the institute; electronic copies will be available to Members using the contact person’s username and password; the contact person will be responsible for disseminating email messages sent from time to time to the contact person from AABHL; Members covered under Institutional Membership are eligible to discounted registration rates at conferences, have voting privileges, and may nominate for positions on the Committee and as Stream Leaders.
For further enquiries, contact:
Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law
Level 1, Medical Foundation Building 1
92-94 Parramatta Rd
University of Sydney 2006.